Monday, June 18, 2007

Works in Progress







So, I'm not getting much of anywhere on my various projects... Actually, that's not true. I have gotten past the color work on Typhaine's Moon & Stars socks and have started the heel. It will be good to have these done. Although she won't need these until November at least.


I have decided to give up on the stitch markers I ordered for my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap partner and will make some simple ones today so I can get the package out tonight. They'll probably come in the mail tomorrow.






I haven't touched the baby cable socks I started for myself in April. They are still in the same spot they were. This is the Koigu yarn that the Loopy Ladies bought me as a thank you for teaching knitting. It's hard to see the pattern from this pic, but it's from Sensational Knitted Socks, which I believe is one of the best sock books ever written, and though the sequel is good, I prefer the original.






And there's the black and fancy fur purse that I'm going to felt as a Christmas present for a friend. This is the project that I bring with me to the Loopy Ladies Knitting Circle meetings because it is mindless stockinette stitch. That way I can talk and knit at the same time. I'm hoping it will look nicer after it's felted...




I got an MP3 player but didn't want to pay the extra $30 for the little leather case. I examined it and decided that I could knit one for free, since I had plenty of little odd balls. Well... This little thing has taken way too much of my time. All I have left now is to sew velcro to it to keep the protective flap over it and sew the elastic arm band andthen I am done. And I'm not ever making another one! Danged if the $30.00 wouldn't have been worth it after all.


Lastly, I'm just beginning to make the Byzantine tunic Sir Tom requested for his newest squire Lord Andronicus. I went through my fabric stash and found a very nice oatmeal colored linen with a nifty herringbone twill weave for the base of the tunic and a great green/blue shot linen for rondels, segmentae, etc. It is also in a herringbone twill weave. It is actually a lot darker than the pricture shows it. I made my friend Hrodir a pair of pants from it. So if they ever stand together they will match. Also I have a really great green and gold trim that will match really well. So I'm set to get that cut out and sewed. Sir Tom plans to present it at WW, so I don't have that much time to get it done.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Terese,

I love your all your photos! The socks look great and I'm really interested to see how the purse turns out.

Just to let you know, I hope to have your HSKS package out by the 21st.

Unknown said...

Great socks, especially the FI. I am in awe of you Italian dress.