Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Dance!

This morning I got an email from SallieMae, the folks who have my school loans, that my last payment would be Jan of 08. Wow, isn't that great? My monthly payments weren't all that high, but even $85.00 a month makes a big difference when the budget is squeaking. Now I can afford a two bedroom apartment. And put a little away each month for a down payment on a new (used) car. My current vehicle, Harvey the Miracle, has 149,880 miles on him. Thanks to the guys at the Car Care Clinic at church Harvey is still going strong. I'd like Harvey to make it for another two years. Then I will have another loan paid off and I'll be able to afford car payments.


Another good piece of news is that I was given an additional $100 bonus at work for the overtime I've put in during the year. So I'm splurging and buying myself a yarn swift and a warping board. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Lilim said...

Oh, jeez. I haven't even finished borrowing money for school, yet. I'm terrified at the prospect of owing so much money, and the fact that it'll probably take me a little over ten years to pay off is more than a little daunting, considering the fact that I may not even have a decent job, by then. Gawd, why is school so expensive?!?