Monday, December 25, 2006

My cats





Look! Pictures of my kitties. Magic is the black cat. See? Black Magic Cat. The white cat is Merry, which is short for Merriadoc Brandybuck. Yes, there was once a Pippin. Don't ask.
Anyway, I went down to Minneaplis to spend Christmas with my sister and her husband, who hosted the presents opening event (they have a three year old, so it was an "event"!) and my brother, who hosted us all for Christmas Eve dinner. It was lovely. I got home tonight and when I came to my door, I found...
A Christmas Stocking!
It was given anonymously, but I have a pretty good idea who is responsible. There were all kinds of good stocking stuffers in it, and some of those were things for my cats! See? Merry kept herself occupied with a little stuffed mouse, and Magic batted around a little ball with a bell in it for over half an hour. I wasn't surprised that Merry played, because she loves to chase after toys, but Magic isn't very interested in toys. But she really likes that little ball!
So to my friends who are responsible for a little extra Christmas joy in my life: Thanks! You know who you are!

No comments: